HAND-SCREENED PRINTED PAPER
Jill Malek's hand-printed wallpaper requires a skilled paperhanger for a successful installation. Carefully examine all merchandise before trimming or hanging.
It is recommend to use a good quality, clear, pre-mixed vinyl adhesive, such as Roman PRO-880. Walls should be primed with a product that is compatible with the wallpaper adhesive, prior to installation. Since the condition of the walls and humidity levels may affect installations, it is recommended to test adhesives on the wallpaper prior to hanging. All adhesives must be thoroughly washed from the front of the wallpaper surface. Change the rinse water often.
It is recommended that you “book” (fold pasted sides together) and let stand for about 5 minutes. Match paper on the wall at eye level. Jill Malek is not responsible for hung material. Paper hanging charges are independent of the printing and shipping costs for this product. If you run short, please expect the standard 2-4 week time period for additional rolls.
Many steps have been taken to ensure that you receive a beautifully crafted product. Jill Malek's paper is carefully inspected before it is shipped, however since it is made by hand, machine accuracy should not be expected.
DIGITALLY PRINTED NONWOVEN WALLCOVERINGS
HANGING INSTRUCTIONS FOR NONWOVEN WALLCOVERINGS
Our durable, high quality nonwoven wallcoverings are made with environmentally safe, water-based inks.
If at any time before or during installation you do not understand these application instructions or if a discrepancy is discovered in the pattern, color or quality, STOP. Contact your distributor before proceeding. Before cutting, carefully examine goods to make certain pattern and color are satisfactory and as ordered.
KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION:
• Installation by an experienced professional paper hanger is strongly recommended.
• Inspect the wallcoverings after hanging three strips and throughout the installation. If you notice any problems, stop hanging and consult your supplier. If more than three strips are hung and there are imperfections throughout wallcovering, we will not be responsible for hung material.
• Careful wall preparation is vital to achieve the perfect finish.
• It is recommended that you use a high quality wall liner before hanging. If using a wall liner, install in a horizontal manner. This will help eliminate any existing imperfections in the wall. When the walls are dry, they should be sealed using a wallpaper size. We also recommend a Level 5 finish when necessary.
• Use a very sharp blade and change the blade frequently to ensure a clean cut.
• Allow wallcoverings to remain in the site for 3 days at normal environmental conditions before installing.
Walls must be clean, dry and free from grease, dirt, mold or any loose material. Apply a stain killing primer if necessary. Then apply a primer specifically designed for wallcovering installation and wall protection. Allow primer to dry, then seal the walls with wallpaper size. Again, allow the walls to dry completely before proceeding.
HANGING NONWOVEN WALLCOVERINGS:
1. This Wallcovering requires the use of a heavy duty, premixed vinyl adhesive such as Roman. Dilution of adhesive is not
2. Cut and hang only one strip at a time following the panel description on each strip. Cut each strip to the height of the panel.
Wallcovering is reverse-hung for better color match on each seam. Please review ALL PANELS in an area before installation.
3. Apply the adhesive directly to the wall (not the strip) using a brush or roller. Be sure that the area covered is slightly wider than the strip to be hung. By first laying two strips together on the table or floor prior to pasting, the proper match can be determined.
4. Start hanging each strip from the top, using a soft brush to smooth it into place. Try to minimize the paste amount on the material.
5. Smooth the razor cut edges with a felt tipped scraper back to the wall for a perfect seam. This material, in a 57.5” width (print area may be smaller), is designed to be overlapped, and double-cut, not butted!
6. Gently use a seam roller with a plain piece of paper to ensure that the edges are firmly adhered to the wall.
7. Use a sharp blade and a straight edge to trim the top and the bottom of the strip.
8. DO NOT ALLOW THE PASTE TO DRY ON THE SURFACE. DO NOT USE EXCESS PASTE ON THE SURFACE.
9. Once installed, allow the wallcoverings to dry naturally without additional heat or forced drying. Be sure there is adequate ventilation the space.
CLEANING OF WALLCOVERING:
Stains and paste on the surface should be removed as quickly as possible to eliminate any possible reaction between the staining agent and the wallcovering. Ordinary dirt and smudges can be removed with a mild soap and warm water. Clean from the bottom of the wall upward to protect the baseboard and to prevent streaking. Rinse thoroughly with clean water from the top down using a sponge. Blot wallcovering dry with a soft, lint-free towel. Try an inconspicuous spot first before attempting the entire wall. The use of steel wool or powdered abrasive cleaners is not recommended for cleaning. Do not use active solvent-type cleaning preparations, such as nail polish remover, tar and bug removers or liquid cleaners with a high alcohol content exceeding 50%. Do not use bleach.